Benefits For Employers
• A carefully planned effort by the employer to
show the effects of smoking
health shows that the company cares.
• Greatly increased worker productivity.
• The majority (70%) of adult smokers want to
quit. Employer support for tobacco cessation
when combined with a smoke-free policy make
it more likely that they will succeed.
• Direct healthcare costs to the company
may be reduced.
• Absenteeism is lower due to smoking
• Maintenance costs go down when smoke,
matches, and cigarette butts are eliminated
Centers for Disease Control & Prevention: A Secondhand Smoke Online Toolkit
Employer toolkit to address tobacco use
Click here to view sources for the above facts.